The 8th International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge (#LAK18)
Towards User-Centred Analytics
5-9 March 2018, Sydney, Australia • http://lak18.solaresearch.org
Next year’s international conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge will take place in Australia in historic, vibrant Sydney. LAK18 is organised by the Society for Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR) and is hosted by The University of Sydney, one of Australia’s leading research universities.
We extend invitations to researchers, practitioners, leaders, administrators, government and industry professionals interested in the field of learning analytics and related disciplines.
LAK18 will place particular emphasis on the engagement of users in the design, deployment and assessment of learning analytics. The conference will also welcome and connect researchers and practitioners working in K-12 education.
LAK18 will use a double-blind approach to peer review. Accepted full and short research papers will be included in the ACM proceedings, as in previous years. Other accepted submissions, including the new category of Extended Abstract, will be published in the Companion Proceedings, archived on the SoLAR website.
We are delighted to announce three outstanding Keynote Speakers: David Williamson Shaffer, Cristina Conati and Neil Selwyn.
Key dates (all deadlines are 23:59 GMT-11)
- Submission deadline for all conference categories (Research, Practitioners, Posters, Demos, Panels, Workshops and Tutorials): 2 October 2017
- Notification of acceptance for Workshops and Tutorials: 16 October 2017
- Workshop Calls for Participation: 30 October 2017
- Submission deadline for Doctoral Consortium: 10 November 2017
- Notification of acceptance for Research, Practitioners, Posters, Demos, Panels: 20 November 2017
- Submission deadline for Workshop papers: 18 December 2017
- Notification of acceptance for Doctoral Consortium: 8 January 2018
- Notification of acceptance for Workshop papers: 15 January 2018
LAK18, Sydney: 5-9 March 2018
Visit http://lak18.solaresearch.org for further details about the conference venue, organisers, keynotes, topics, submission guidelines and review process.